The covered bridge was built in 1972 to replace the 100-year-old covered bridge that had been destroyed by a fire set by vandals three years before on Halloween night in 1969. In 2014, the covered bridge received significant repairs after major damage caused by Hurricane Irene occurred. The pumping station is a popular spot for swimming, fishing and picnicking.
The site is included in the Historical Marker database and the Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission Markers series.
Eunice Williams Drive, Greenfield, MA (413) 772-1528